Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Business and Babies

Two points to start.  One, you may have noticed the blog for this week is late.  That is due to the fact that Jeremy and I have been lost in the vortex of tax time.  We have been working on both my business and our personal taxes and this has left little time for anything else.  The second point is that the title of this post should actually be "baby" rather than "babies", but it sounded better that way, so there you go.

So, business.  A while back I was contacted by our local library and asked if the preschool would like to display some artwork.  Of course I jumped at the chance, I never turn down free advertising.  My co-teacher, Lora, and I started brainstorming and decided on a springtime mural.   The kids completed the projects over three weeks, first painting, then adding butterflies, then snails, and finally flowers.

What we ended up with a massive (approx. 30x190), adorable piece of artwork.  Transporting and hanging was a bit of a challenge, but I am really pleased with the end result.




And now on to baby.  This last week we added a new member to our family.  Becca gave birth to Isabel Skye Brown on 4/1/14.  After 9+ months and a really bad April Fool's joke we were all really excited to find out Ben and Becca would finally get some pink in their home.



We couldn't be happier to add this sweet little spirit into our family and look forward to loving her and watching her grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment