Sunday, February 16, 2014

Valentine's Day with a CC bonus

This week was Valentine's Day and while I will focus my blog today on that, I also have Carrigan's 9-month pictures that I have neglected to post so I will do that as well.

So Valentine's Day...This year we decided to start a new tradition with our children.  We call it the "love scavenger hunt".  What we do is plan a scavenger hunt for each child old enough to participate (this year it was just Merrick).  At each stop they find a paper that tells them one thing we love about them, a little treat, and the clue for where to go next.  At the end of the scavenger hunt, after they have read all the things we love about them, they find a small present.  While this was our first year, I am excited about doing this for lots of years to come.

Merrick really enjoyed his scavenger hunt this year.  Jeremy set it all up while Merrick and I were at school and his first stop was at his toy box.  When he found the paper and treat inside he said "Hey! That was not there before school! Daddy, did you do this while I was at school?"  Then, after running around the house and finding several clues, he said "Daddy, how did you do all this while I was gone?  You must have been really fast!" And, while I must admit I was not super stoked that daddy was getting all the credit, I am really happy he enjoyed himself so much.  At the end of his hunt he found a Spiderman monster truck for himself and a caterpillar pull toy for Carrigan.  I think it was a pretty big hit.



Jeremy and I kept Valentine's Day fairly low key for each other this year.  He did get me these beautiful flowers and I made him this series of cards.


Since Valentine's Day is about love, I always try to measure the success of the day on whether everyone in the family felt loved.  I think by that measurement the day was definitely a success.

And now, without further ado, here is the adorable CC.




P.S. She has started officially crawling with a traditional crawl and is pulling herself up to stand all over the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment