Sunday, October 13, 2013

Look Mom No Training Wheels

Last week we decided to take advantage of a warm, sunny day and headed to the park with the Brown boys and my mom (she is still in town watching Ben and Becca's boys while they are in Italy).  Merrick brought his scooter and Quincy and Colvin brought their bikes.  Colvin was super excited because he recently learned to ride without training wheels and he really wanted to teach Merrick too.

When they presented the idea to me I was hesitant.  Jeremy and I had already talked about it and we had decided that Jeremy would teach him next summer, but the boys were insistent.  Since Jeremy was there I figured they could give it a shot.  I assumed it would not go well and they would quickly move on to something else.

Turns out I was wrong.  On the very first attempt Merrick rode on his own!  Over the next hour or so they practiced over and over again.  Merrick was such a natural and picked it up so quickly.






When Merrick was little I remember writing all the time about how I felt like I was holding him back from things he could do because I was not ready for him to try.  I thought we were past that, but I guess not.  One thing I do know for sure is that riding is hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment