Sunday, April 21, 2013

Time for a Little Balance

Once upon a time I would have said that Merrick was a mommy's boy, well lately it seems like he could take me or leave me, but dad is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I started thinking about this when we were on vacation in Washington. Each morning Jeremy and Merrick would take off on their bikes and leave me in the dust since I was not able to ride along. I could not help but think about having this baby girl join our family and how it will bring some balance to the universe.

Yesterday, Jeremy was locked away all day studying and my most challenging task was trying to convince Merrick that I was cool too and that he did not need to constantly go in and disturb dad. It was a losing battle and we were all relieved when Jeremy's day of studying was done.

After that Merrick was glued to Jeremy's side. He was his sidekick at the grocery store and going to pick up dinner. After dinner the one thing he wanted to do was play a race car video game with dad. At one point I had the audacity to come in the room and check on them. Merrick quickly told me that he and dad were racing and I could not play because I was not very good at playing those kinds of games.

All I can say is that I am ready for a little more girlie stuff around here. Let hope she wants to be the girlie girl I have imagined in my head. If not it will at least be a little while before she can express herself and until then I will enjoy every minute of my girl time.

No comments:

Post a Comment