Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Winds of Change


This week my dad/parents signed an employment contract with a company in India. This is about to bring a tidal wave of change into our live that will continue to ripple long after they have left. Here are just some of the changes that will take place over the next several months.

1) My dad will move to India as soon as his visa comes through (probably mid April) and my mom will likely join him around July.
2) My parents will be selling their (also our current) home.
3) We will be moving once the house sells.
4) My parent's dog and possibly our dog will be finding new homes the same time we do.
5) We will have a new baby.
6) I will need to find a replacement teacher to fill my mom's place at the preschool this fall.

As you can imagine these changes are bringing a lot of stress and anxiety right now, but ultimately I have faith that everything will work out for the best. I am really excited for my parents and it will be such a positive experience for them in so many ways. It will also be really good for Jeremy and I. While it may bring additional stress, being on our own again will definitely bring us closer together and cause us to lean on each other more than we have over the last year and a half.

As my new motto says,"Everything will be all right in the end and if it's not all right, then it's not yet the end" (from the movie "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel").

No comments:

Post a Comment