Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

This week we celebrated my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving. My sister-in-law asked me this week why it was my favorite holiday and the answer is simple, I love what Thanksgiving represents. I love that Thanksgiving is all about counting your blessings, it about family, it is about love, and it is the start of the holiday season and the magic that it brings.

Our Thanksgiving was small, just us, my parents, and Brendon and Rachel's family, but it was still great. This was the first Thanksgiving that Merrick seemed to understand the meaning behind what we were doing. Several times during dinner he spontaneously told everyone what he was thankful for and when he noticed I had not done so yet he asked "Mommy what are you thankful for?" Honestly, I have much to be thankful for and it is always nice to be able to vocally express gratitude.

Despite the calm, peaceful nature of our Thanksgiving, Jeremy and I decided to give up a small portion of it to battle the craziness at the Walmart Black Friday sale. We were really wanting to make the most of our limited Christmas budget this year and we decided Black Friday was the best way to do that.

Truly, it was not a bad experience. Walmart's sale started at 8pm so we left just after 6:30 and were there by 7. When the sale started we quickly grabbed most of the things we were hoping for, waited in the long checkout lines, and were home by 9pm. While it did take a bit of my favorite holiday, it did not take any of my sleep, and I would definitely do it again.

Thanksgiving may be over, but the holiday season is just beginning and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment