Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Random Acts of Love

I am not sure if I have ever mentioned this before, but I LOVE being a mom! It took us much longer than planned to have Merrick and I try to treasure every moment together. That being said, every parent has time times when they are tired, stressed, and feel unappreciated. I am no exception and I have my fair share of these moments. The thing is that it only takes one smile, one laugh, or one hug from my little man to turn it all around.

This past weekend brought with it a big heaping of stress for our family and by Sunday night Jeremy and I were both emotionally exhausted. I honestly don't remember what Merrick did, but some how he lifted our spirits and Jeremy and I could not help but having a discussion about how he always does this. He is so sweet and bright it is contagious. Here are just a few of the ways he brightens our lives:

Today when my back was out of place, he sat on my tummy and played with trains while I rested with my legs up in the air.

He learned to say "I love you" and last week spontaneously said "I love you, Mommy" for the first time.

When he is talking to other people he says "That's my Jeremy" or "That's my Sarah".

He gives "big, big hugs" where he squeezes you so tight around the neck.

He gives kisses and then pulls back and with a big, silly grin says "gross".

Jeremy and I are so blessed to have Merrick bringing so such joy into our lives. I don't know what we would do without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment