Thursday, January 20, 2011

On The Farm

Last week I heard that Superstition Farm, a farm near our house, was having a dollar day with dollar admission, hayrides, petting zoo feeds, and milk tasting. I was so excited to take Merrick and even though no one was able to go with us, I knew we would still have a great time.

We started our visit with the tractor pulled hayride that took us on a tour of the farm.





After they hayride we fed the animals at the petting zoo. Merrick got up close and personal with the donkey, but we also fed sheep, goats, chicken, and a bunny. I also fed a horse, but he practically swallowed my hand so I would not let Merrick feed him.




While there were lots of animals around that Merrick had never seen in person before, he was probably the most excited about the black lab on the farm named Toby. Nana and Papa's dog is also named Toby (or "Boo boo" as Merrick pronounces it) so Merrick took right to him. I think that the love was mutual.


Merrick had a great day and was not ready to leave when it was time. I think he might be a farm boy at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment