Thursday, January 6, 2011

Goodbye 2010

You know that moment when you realize that you are getting old. Mine was so long ago that I can't even remember it (yet another sign of getting older), but what I do know is that 10pm rolls around and I am ready for bed. Needless to say New Year's Eve is not my favorite holiday. Add to that our little man who gets up early no matter what day of the year it is and Jeremy's new early work hours and I was not even sure we would make it to midnight.

Somehow we did stay awake and we actually managed to have a little fun in the process. We went to Ihop for dinner as a family. Merrick loved his pancake, eggs, strawberries, bacon and sausage. He ate more than I thought was possible and we all left happy.

When we were in California this summer we had bought some fireworks and had some left over. Now that they are "legalish" here we decided to light a few in the backyard. We had something called a snake and we were not really sure what it did. It turns out it was pretty lame and mostly just made a mess everywhere.


What we did have fun with were the sparklers. Merrick enjoyed watching them and holding them. (Please ignore the stupid look on my face)





Once Merrick went to bed, Jeremy and I snuggled up and watched a movie. We ended up making it way past midnight. Maybe we are not as old as I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment