Thursday, October 7, 2010

Big Like Daddy

I blinked and now Merrick is over a year old. My sister and I were talking yesterday and decided that Merrick is probably now classified as a toddler rather than an infant. I really don't know how it happened, but my baby is turning into a big boy. I would honestly be more than happy to stop the clock, but he seems determined to grow, learn new things, and become more independent each day.

I watch him watch Jeremy and I and then imitate the things he sees us do. Daddy in particular is very interesting. When Jeremy gets home from work Merrick immediately has to investigate all of his things. He checks out his phone, his wallet, his badge and his keys. It is the same things every day, but it is daddy's stuff so it is always fascinating.

He also loves to play with daddy's shoes. He carries them around and moves them from place to place. The other day he decided that maybe he was even big enough to wear them.




Just last night Merrick decided that he should be daddy's helper. Jeremy was gathering up the recycle and turned his back for one second. At that point Merrick took it upon himself to start dragging the bag out.





As cute as all this is, if anyone knows how to stop time, or at least slow it down, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment