Monday, June 28, 2010

The Beach

So I am really sad today. I am trying not to be, but it is the first day home from vacation and real life has hit hard. I miss my family, I miss Jeremy, and I miss the weather and beauty of Oregon. My solution to this is to continue to blog about the trip. I'm not sure if it will make me feel better or worse, but at least I will get to look through some really cute pictures of Merrick.

On my last post I told you about Funland and how we went there instead of the beach because it was raining. Well, a funny thing happened while we were at Funland. It turned into a beautiful day and we decided that there was still time to head to the beach.

This was Merrick's first time at the beach and playing in the sand and I was not sure how he would respond. He is not crazy about the grass at the park and I thought he might have the same reaction to the sand, but I was wrong. From the first moment I put him down he was off exploring.

First touch


Further Exploration




The water was a little cold and while Merrick did seem to prefer to play in the sand, we did still have fun putting our feet in.


Jeremy and I had fun experiencing this with Merrick




And all the cousins had a great time together






After all the fun we topped off the day with a trip to the park.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously your little man looks so much like a Clifford!! Love it. So cute!

    ReplyDelete