Sunday, July 26, 2026

Camp Week

 This past week was camp week for the girls. CC had girls camp and Elsie had arts and nature camp here in town. That meant that most of the week it was just Merrick and I and since Merrick is NEVER home, I found myself on my own significantly more than usual this week.

I was a driver home from girls camp on Thursday so I got to hear all about the adventures. Their days were filled with fun, crafts, and activities. CC was delighted to discover that she is a really good shot. The stories the girls were the most excited to tell though were about the thunderstorm they had the last full day at camp. It stormed off and on from about 10am. At one point, the thunder was so loud and ear-piercing that they thought their cabin was going to fall down. CC was definitely dirty and exhausted when she got home, but she had a great time.

As for Elsie, she didn't have to brave the thunder and lightening at camp since hers was a day camp and the storm didn't hit here until after she was home. She did have some hot days to battle but those were combatted with a splash pad and water balloons. Otherwise, they did crafts, played games, and Friday they went paddleboarding. She had a blast and the icing on the cake was that she attended with her BFF, Shay.

Like I said, Merrick didn't go to camp, but he filled his days with work and hanging out with friends. Since his girlfriend, Katie, was at girls camp with CC, he spent more time fishing and they had a great outing where he and his two friends caught 13 fish. 

Jeremy also had a busy week. I have not mentioned it here, but he is switching jobs in a couple of weeks. Because of this, he is in this kind of weird spot where he is pulled between two jobs. He is trying to wrap things up at his current firm, and is interviewing people for his paralegal position at his new firm. I think he will be happy once he is settled at the new place and isn't divided any longer.

As for me, I got a book from the library to read, but really didn't have a chance. I spent one whole day at the Goodwill bins with a friend. I spent $47 but came home with 29lbs of amazing treasures. I can't get my family onboard with going to the bins, but they do like the things I come home with. Otherwise, my days were gobbled up with errands and catching up on some work.

Just like that the week was gone. It is nice to have everyone home, but it will be short lived. Merrick is headed to FSY tomorrow. Summer is flying by, but we are making the most of it.

My only pictures of the week came from girls camp. We got a couple before the girls took off and Katie's mom was nice enough to send me one from camp.




No comments:

Post a Comment