Sunday, January 7, 2024

Welcome 2024

Almost a full week in, but I would like to officially welcome 2024.  In a lot of ways, 2023 was a challenge for us.  We spent the first part of the year struggling with Jeremy's business, trying to decided if it was the right thing, at the right time for our family.  Shortly after he decided to take a position at a firm and was settling in, Merrick started having heart problems.  While juggling everything with Merrick's heart, I started my first full-time job in 15 years, and my grandmother fell and subsequently passed away.  We then capped the year off with heart surgery, recovery, and then Covid.  It was a lot.

Typically, I have a lot of anxiety around starting a new year.  I think it's one of those "the devil you know is better than the devil you don't" things.  However, this year, I am optimistic about what the new year could bring.  We are hopeful that Merrick's heart concerns are behind us. The kids are doing well in school and have good friends.  Jeremy and I are both enjoying and having success in our jobs.  I know the challenges will come but, like I said, I'm optimistic.

Here's to happy and healthy 2024 for my family and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment