Sunday, December 17, 2023

Christmas Hurdles

 Am I the only one who thinks about life as a series of hurdles? Leading up to any major event, I tend to think of all the things that have to happen before the event as hurdles.  These aren't always necessarily bad things, just things that have to happen.  Starting tomorrow I am on Winter Break from my job.  One of the hurdles that I had to cross before that was my very first big girl business trip.  I sent the majority of the week in Grand Rapids, Michigan for corporate training and a Christmas party.  It was a very strange experience traveling on my own (something I haven't done since before Jeremy and I were married) and staying in a hotel room by myself.  Overall, it was an enjoyable time, but I was happy to get home Friday night.

Now that I'm home, it's on to hurdles (mostly fun) before Christmas.  The first one of those was the girls night that C.C. has been planning for weeks.  Last night we had 7 girls between the ages of 5 and 11 here for crafting, pizza, a Christmas movie, ice cream sundaes, jumping on the trampoline, hide and seek and a snowball fight.  It was a fun and crazy night.


This weekend we crossed one more hurdle.  Merrick played in his first post-surgery basketball tournament.  While he was still sore, he decided to give it a try.  The first day went well and he was running harder and feeling better than he has in months.  He had thought previously in the season that he was out of shape and didn't realized that his heart was holding him back.  Today, he was a little extra sore going into the games, but he played well and played hard.  He had one scary moment in the second game today where he got kneed in his wounds.  He was ok though... and eventually my mom heart recovered too.



This coming week will be filled with fun, amazing hurdles.  I can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment