Sunday, May 21, 2023

Kindergarten Roundup

 As predicted, it was another full and busy week, but somehow it came together and was more manageable than I anticipated.  The weather has been beautiful all week and so we had tried to take advantage of that as much as possible, whether it being eating dinner outside, jumping on the trampoline, or closing out our day with a quick game of backyard baseball.







The biggest highlight of the week came on Wednesday, with Elsie's kindergarten orientation.  She got to go to a classroom with one of the the teachers, listen to a story, and make a craft.  She then got to take a ride on a school bus.  She was sad and nervous when it was time to go to the classroom, but she was brave and went anyway.  Ultimately, she ended up enjoying herself.  The actual big day will be here before we know it.  I think it will be tough on both of us, I know it will be tough on me, but she is so ready for this next step.  Plus, she has tons of friends at school already so once she gets over the initial hurdle, it will be a piece of cake.







A couple big things on the Merrick front, he graduated from PT this week.  We have gone weekly for the last several months to help with his nagging, sports induced back pain.  Thankfully, he has made huge strides and has been pain free for a while now.  The other big new is that he was asked to play up and pitch for the 14u "A team" this week.  Merrick has been really struggling with his accuracy at the mound as of late so it was a big deal that they asked him.  While he didn't have that outing he would have hoped for, it was still a good experience.  Since the game, Jeremy has had a chance to work with him bit and we think we may be back on track with things, but time will tell.


Before I go, while Mother's Day was last week, since I opened my gifts after I wrote last week's blog, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the thoughtful gifts I got from my family.  Carrigan made me a pinch pot to keep jewelry in and Elsie made be a picture frame with a picture of her.  Merrick reminded me that he had made me breakfast as his gift and I'll take it.  Jeremy got me an apple watch which, while not homemade, was very thoughtful as his intention was for it to help me keep an eye on a health problem I have been having.  Probably more on that another time, but today I am just so thankful for this family of mine and their thoughtfulness and that we made it through another crazy week.




No comments:

Post a Comment