Sunday, March 19, 2023

New Experiences

 New week, new sport.  The excitement of this week was that the baseball season is officially under way.  We got to start out the season with a tournament on our home turf, here in West Linn.  This is Merrick's first season playing on the full-sized fields.  That means that for this tournament, we got to play most of our games on the high school field.  And that means that Merrick got to pitch on the high school field for the first time ever.  It was a pretty cool experience.  The tournament was a 13/14U tournament and Merrick's team is 13U only, so we definitely know how that situation has played out in the past.  However, the boys really held their own.  They won three of four games and only lost the last game by one (7-8).  Add to that that yesterday was gorgeous and it was just about as good of a first weekend as you can get.




Also this week I had a fun experience.  Two weeks ago, a local photographer posted on our community social media page that she needed models for a shoot she was doing for a dental office.  I happened to be free when she needed help and the pay was really good so I decided to throw my name into the hat.  I had to submit my information and a full body shot.  I did that and then kind of put it out of my mind.  Well, a few days later I heard back from them asking if I was still available and still interested.  I stressed for two days about what to wear, but it ended up being such a fun experience.  Everyone at the shoot kept asking if I modeled as my full-time job.  When I told one of the women that this was actually my first time, she was very surprised.  She said I have a really great professional look and that she had selected me out of 25 candidates.  The photographer told me that she wanted to gift me some headshots as a "thank you" and indicated that she would like to work with me again in the future.  Not sure if it will ever happen, but it was super fun nonetheless.  Now I guess I can add "part-time model" to my resume.







No comments:

Post a Comment