Sunday, February 19, 2023

Valentine's Day 2023

This week was Valentine's Day and boy was it a good one.  We started the day with a little bit of snow, not enough to cancel school, but enough for the girls to make a teeny, tiny snowman before heading off to school, we had a party at preschool for Elsie and me.  We made friendship bracelets, ate treats and passed out valentines.  Carrigan also had a party at school.  Merrick didn't officially have a party but I think there was enough candy going around to make up for it.   Then, I came home from school to beautiful flowers from my hubby.



After everyone was home from school, I got working on a special Valentine's Day dinner.  Soft pretzels and cheese fondue is one of my kids' favorite meals, so I decided to give them a Valentine's Day twist.  Although they were far from perfect, to say it was a hit is an understatement.  The kids already asked if we could have it for dinner next Valentine's Day (and 100 more times before then).



After dinner we did our traditional "love hunt".  Carrigan was excited to read the clues this year and Merrick was a good sport about giving the girls time to figure out each clue.  This year, in the end, the kids were rewarded with gift cards to some of their favorite restaurants.  Elsie was not pleased that it wasn't toys, but this her birthday is coming next week, we are heading into major toy overload.









I was so wrapped up in making the day special for the kids, I almost forgot to give Jeremy his gift, a favorite things basket.


I also have to mention that Elsie's friend birthday party was also this week, but I think I will save it for next week when we fully celebrate her and her birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment