Sunday, September 25, 2022

Not Fall

 This week was the first days of fall and while we are starting to settle into our fall routines, the weather feels like anything but fall with temps into the 80s.

Carrigan had a busy week.  This was her first week of school with homework and we were scrambling to get it done each day.  She has been working on sewing a dress, under the supervision of Nana, and this week they were both ready to get it done.  They worked on it multiple days after school and were finally able to get it completed.  That meant that I actually got to see it for the first time too.  She had been keeping it a surprise from me until then.  I'm so impressed with her hard work.  Not sure if I mentioned it before, but the whole reason they were working on the dress was that it was C.C.'s birthday gift from my parents.  My mom took her shopping for a pattern and the fabric and then supervised the sewing of the dress.  It was the perfect gift for C.C. and I don't know if Nana will want to do it again, but C.C. may insist on it being the new tradition.



Also this week, my co-teacher at preschool's daughter got married.  Lora has been my partner in crime for the last nine years and I definitely owe her, so I was excited about the chance to help her with the wedding.  Early in the week I helped package all the sugar cookies they made as "thank you" gifts for those that attended the reception.  Then, on the big day, I went out early to help with set up, helped manage the food table (keeping it stocked throughout the reception), and helped clean up after.  It was a beautiful wedding and I was happy to get a chance to help Lora, even if I did have to drive over an hour to McMinnville on a Wednesday.








Yesterday was Saturday and you will be surprised to know we spent the day at games.  Carrigan was up first with her soccer game.  This it the first game of the season that Jeremy was able to attend since it didn't directly conflict with Merrick's game (he has to be at Merrick's games because he is helping to coach Merrick's team).  The game was hot and they lost 3-1 but it's still always fun to watch her play.



After Carrigan's game we booked it down to Silverton for Merrick's game.  We found out that they grow them big in Silverton.   Merrick's matchup weighed about 180 pounds. His team still held their own and ended up winning 26-19.  I didn't end up taking any pictures at Merrick's game, but I did take this football related photo in his Language Arts class at his curriculum night this week.


So that's a wrap on this week.  More business ahead next week with doc and dentist appointments for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment