Sunday, February 20, 2022

New Life- Week 99 (Valentine's Day and Millie's Birthday)

 This week started with Valentine's Day.  Since it fell on a Monday this year, Elsie and I were home together.  She was my big helper as I prepared for our traditional "love hunt" and she helped me make special Valentine's sugar cookies.

Carrigan came home from school packing her bag of valentines and lots of candy she was ready to dive into.  Merrick came home from school with a love note from a girl asking him to be "more than friends".  EEEK!  I was not ready for that and neither was he.  He asked how to say "thanks but no thanks" without hurting her feelings.

I had planned dinner (chicken, pitas, and hummus) before I realized it was Valentine's Day so I improvised by scrapping the pitas and making homemade, heart shaped naan instead.  We had our Valentine's sugar cookies for dessert, but before dessert the kids were dying to have the "love hunt".



This was our first "love hunt" in the new house so it was fun to come up with new places to hide clues around the house.  As you may remember, at each stop there is some candy and a note with things we love about each child, Merrick was still the designated reader at each stop but now that Carrigan is a great reader this may be his last year as the reader.  He wanted to rush through the mushy love stuff, get the candy and move on to the next clue.  They had fun running around the house and Millie thought it is was fun trying to keep up.








At the end, Merrick got some basketball cards and a new water bottle, Carrigan got some shrinky dink and origami crafts, and Elsie got a Chelsea car with a new Chelsea and doggie.  Elsie was the cutest because she kept saying "All I can say is, thank you!" and "How much did this cost?!?!".  Jeremy also got me some beautiful flowers and I got us some new toothbrushes.  You can tell by his face how excited he was about the toothbrushes.  I thought it was a very practical gift since our current Sonicares are on their last legs, but he is pretty set that toothbrushes are NOT a gift.  Oh well.  I reminded him that one year for Christmas he gave me a blow dryer so I guess we are even.






Today is Millie's 2nd birthday and since she is a very spoiled doggy, she got presents and "pup cakes".  Elsie was hoping we would skip over Millie's birthday and go straight to hers, but alas, she has one more day before her birthday. 



Couple other random things, we finally got the new light up in the bathroom and it is more or less done so here are some "after" photos.


As for Merrick's tournament this weekend, we are currently on day two of the tournament and his team has gone 3-0 with BIG wins each time.  We have one game tomorrow and if they win that, they will have a second game, the championship.  It's been a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment