Sunday, November 29, 2020

New Life- Week 37 (Give Thanks...For Moving?)

This have been a long, stressful, and emotional week.  We spent pretty much all this week packing and moving.  On Wednesday we had two PODS delivered and we spent Wednesday and Friday loading every nook and cranny we could.  It was like a jumbo version of Tetris but with all your earthly possessions.  I would love to say we took break on Thursday for Thanksgiving, but more accurately we took a break for a couple of hours on Thursday to celebrate the day with my parents and the Ioapo's.  Aside from that little repreve, we spent basically the whole week packing and moving.  Yesterday we did all of our cleaning and today we left our keys and garage door remotes on the counter and locked the door for the last time.  Tomorrow the new owner takes possession.  I sit here this afternoon with very mixed feelings.  I have shed a lot of tears the last few days, but ultimately I know that we can't accomplish the goals we set for our family in that house and so it is time to say goodbye.  You would think that after about a year and a half of trying to sell that I would be more than happy to say goodbye, but it turns out the feelings are a bit more complicated than that.

So here we are now, nowhere to go but forward.  I am too emotionally spent to have much more to say so I will leave you with the only pictures I have from Thanksgiving.  It's Carrigan and Aunt Emily getting cozy together after Thanksgiving dinner.  Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment