Sunday, July 12, 2020

New Life- Week 17 (Living Life)

This week's post is a bit of a hodgepodge.  Nothing too big happened this week.  We did a lot of playing outside.  We played with cousins, played at the park (not the playground), had dance parties in the backyard, and went to the river beach.  Merrick had baseball practice two times this week before they decided to put the season on hold again. Yesterday was Colvin's birthday.  Merrick went with their family shooting and fishing.  All the kids caught fish and Becca and I prepared them for dinner.  It was an experience to say the least, but they turned pretty good.



 One of my favorite parts of the week was the video that my kids made together.  I really wish there was a way for me to post it here, but it was a movie about a detective (Doctor Elsie for some reason) who stops a robber (Carrigan) after she robs Merrick's bank.  Elsie dressed up as Papa, as she described it, was pretty much the cutest thing ever.


If I am being honest, this week was overshadowed by worry and disappointment.  I am feeling overwhelmed by trying to make decisions returning to school, both for the kids and for myself.  We also have seen struggling with disappointment on the house selling front and with Jeremy's job.  I am really grateful for the happy times with my family because that's all I have going for me right now.

Here is hoping for some good news soon.  In the meantime we will just continue to live our new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment