Sunday, June 7, 2020

New Life- Week 12 (Last Day of School)

Every week I write the blog and wonder how much longer I will continue to write under the "New Life" title.  It occurs to me that it's not going to be a switch flip kind of thing and everything will be back to normal so I guess I continue to write under the title until life it more like old life than not, I am not sure that is happening for our family anytime soon.

Anyway, this week brought about the last day of the school year.  To say it was a strange year is definitely an understatement.  Carrigan's year was destined to be rocky one from the get go.  She started the year with a teacher who was pregnant with her first baby and more than a little checked out.  Her teacher ended up having the baby much earlier than planned and this led to two different long term subs to finish out the year.  Her second long term sub was in the class for 5 days before all of our worlds were turned upside down.  We finished the year the best we could with distance learning.  I am relieved to be done, although I would feel a lot me relieved if I actually believed they would be going back to school as usual in the fall.

In any case, we made it through the school year and the amount of growth both kids have shown is undeniable.  I am proud of what they have accomplished this year and I know it's just the beginning of a bright future.


We ended the year with a drive through parade celebration at the school and then a picnic lunch at the park with the cousins.  Yesterday we also drove 40 mins to the closest In and Out Burger to our house and waited 1 hour and 40 mins to get our food in honor of wrapping up the year.  I guess a strange year deserves to be celebrated in a big, strange way.



Not to be out done, Elsie did some major growing this week too and started riding a scooter on her own.  That girl learns something new everyday.  This coming week we are starting potty training so more to come on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment