Sunday, April 19, 2020

New Life-Week 5 (Back to School)

Never a dull moment in this new life of ours, this week the kids started online school.  The learning curve in navigating our new normal was a bit steep.  On Monday morning a week's worth of school dropped into each of the kids virtual classrooms.  Monday and Tuesday I was in a bit of a panic trying to sort it all out and get on top of the mountain of work.  By Wednesday I was looking over things and realizing we didn't have a lot more to do.  Ooops!  Hopefully we will get the timing of things figured out a little better as weeks go on.  Here is a drawing that Carrigan did for art this week.

The weather this week was beautiful so we were able to spend a fair bit of time outside.  Elsie discovered a love of skateboarding with dad, and Merrick has been working on his skateboarding skill as well.  While Carrigan tried her hand at skateboarding this week as well, she prefers her scooter.





As the weeks have rolled on in our new life I have spent a fair bit of time thinking about the future.  I wonder how long it will be until life is normal again?  Will it ever be the same again?  Do I want it to be?  How do I take the good parts of this and hang on to them?  What do I hope my kids learn from this?  More than anything I hope this cements in their heads that they have a safe and secure place at home ALWAYS.  I hope this is a time that builds up their confidence and self-esteem.

This morning I was getting ready and Elsie came in and grabbed my mirror.  She looked at herself and said "oh so beautiful and amazing".  To me it was like she was saying "Good job, mom.  You are teaching me the important things".  I hope all of my kids come out of this feeling like they are beautiful, amazing, and capable.

No comments:

Post a Comment