Sunday, April 21, 2019

Easter 2019

Today is Easter and all I can say is, Whew!!!  Does time ever slow down?  I feel like all I ever do is run from one thing to the next all day everyday and this Easter weekend was no different. 

Saturday was a jam-packed day.  It started early with a good deep cleaning of the house for our open house later in the day (insert eye roll here).  About 9:30 Jeremy took the big kids to our first Easter egg hunt of the day at the high school while I finished cleaning and put Elsie down for a nap.  After the hunt/nap it was straight to Merrick's baseball game. Then it was straight to a birthday party for Carrigan's friend.  After the party it was straight to our second Easter egg hunt/charity event.  We didn't get home until almost bedtime and still had to squeeze in dinner and baths.  See what I mean?  Running from one thing to the next.


 

 Today things moved a little slower.  We started the morning (super early) with Easter baskets before early morning church.  Church was amazing.  The kids sang a beautiful song with the primary all about Jesus being a God of miracles and his greatest miracle being the miracle that rescues all of us.  It is such a simple and yet profound message and has really touched my heart as the kids have practiced it over the last few months.  After church we went to my parents' house for lunch/dinner and our third and final Easter egg hunt.
















Even though it was a whirlwind weekend I am not sure what I would change.  I love all my little bunnies and our sometimes too crazy life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment