Sunday, February 17, 2019

Valentine's Day and Yuck

This week was Valentine's Day.  I had prepped for the day early because of the snow storm we had saxcbeen expecting.  As I told you last week, the snow failed to materialize.  It was a good thing though that I had prepared early because it turns out life had other fun adventures in store for me this week.

Wednesday morning the kids and I got ready for school.  We were getting ready to walk out the door and I was just doing Carrigan's hair really quickly when I noticed something strange in it.  I looked closer and saw something move...  Just like that we had our ever case of lice.  After a small panic attack I checked Merrick and was pretty sure I saw something move in his hair too.  I called my mom and a lice removal salon.  My mom came and we cut Merrick's hair and checked him.  We only found one bug and no nits in Merrick's hair.  I knew that Carrigan was bad though and I had a sneaking suspicion that I was too so we all headed to the salon to be checked/treated.  The verdict was that Jeremy, Merrick, and Elsie were clean.  Carrigan and I were not.  A small fortune and several hours later and Carrigan and I were pronounced clean and we headed home.  In addition to several hours at the salon, that day I think I did something like 7 loads of laundry, bagged all the stuffed animals, blankets, and vacuumed the whole house and couch.  Let me just say, lice is the WORST!

The next day was Valentine's Day.  We were all able to return to our normal routine, but with the events of the day before, I was thankful for my early prep for the day.  The kids went to school with a special Valentines lunch (complete with heart shaped pitas for their usual pitas and hummus and a special love note).  That evening we had chili and heart-shaped corn bread before going on our traditional love hunt.  This year, in addition to a love note at each stop, they got Kisses (which they promptly ate) and in the end Merrick got a new Poof football, Carrigan got bath bombs, and Elsie got a new felt book.  It ended up being a great day despite the adventures leading up to it.











I sure love all my Valentines (big and little)!

No comments:

Post a Comment