Sunday, June 11, 2017

Almost Summer

Summer is so close we can almost taste it.  Carrigan and my last day of school is Thursday and Merrick has until next Tuesday.  That being said, with all piano, dance, homework and now baseball (Saturday was the last game) wrapping up it feels like we can already start to enjoy the first bits of summer.

As mentioned Saturday was Merrick's last baseball game.  I won't go into details but Merrick had a really rough game on Thursday.  As a mom, Saturday's game was really stressful for me because I needed the game to go well for Merrick almost as bad a he did.  Luckily, he did great and had some really great hits, including a line drive out to the outfield.  It was a great way to end the season.  After the game we had a team party with cupcakes and trophies to wrap everything up.



The other highlight of the day was picking strawberries.  We went to a new farm this year about 25 minutes away and picked a new variety of berry (Sweet Anne's).  I think that they are the best strawberries I have ever had.  We picked about 11 lbs and I intend to make jam, but we will see if they last long enough for me to do that.






And what better way to end a busy day that included picking strawberries than with homemade strawberry milkshakes.  If this is what summer tastes like, count me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment