Sunday, November 15, 2015

Veteran's Day at the Children's Museum

On Wednesday this week was Veteran's Day.  I am so grateful for all those who have fought to protect the freedoms I hold dear and I am so thankful that in having a day to honor them, I also get to have a day to spend with my family, enjoying the freedom that many paid for with their lives.

This year I knew Jeremy was going to be out of town for work so I had been trying to think of something to do with the kids since I would be off work and there would be no school.  I thought it would be fun to go to the children's museum and when I presented the idea to the kids, Carrigan picked up a toy phone and proceeded to call and invite her friend Anna.  Anna and Carrigan have become close since attending preschool together and her older brother, Porter, and Merrick are good friends too.  I decided that CC's idea was a good one and invited their family to come along with us.

We ended up spending most of the day at the museum together and having a truly wonderful time.  The museum was a little crowded since it was a rainy day with no school, but the kids were enjoying being together so much that they didn't seem to mind.  The hit of the day was definitely the face painting.  No one was shy about getting into it and Anna even helped to make sure CC got full coverage.

So I guess today I am grateful for the three F's: freedom, friends, and face paint







No comments:

Post a Comment