Sunday, October 25, 2015

Pumpkin Patch 2015 (and Sarah has a birthday)

This week was my birthday...this is not really the highlight of the blog, but I thought I should at least mention it.  I ended up watching my friend's daughter during the day, but my mom still took me out to lunch to celebrate.  Later that afternoon I picked my mom up downtown (she had been at a meeting down there) and she took my kids home while I stayed downtown to have a little alone time shopping and then met Jeremy for dinner.  It was a great day with lots of gifts and well-wishes from family and friends.  As I mentioned though, my birthday it not really what I wanted to talk about today and you will be relieved to know I don't have any pictures to go with this section of the blog.

Yesterday was the last Saturday before Halloween and our last weekend to squeak in a pumpkin patch trip this year.  Thankfully the weather was cooperative and we has such a good time.  We had purchased unlimited ride bracelets and the kids did slides, cow train, hay rides, bounce pillow, and "go-carts" (they were more like recumbent bikes) to their hearts' content.  Merrick was particularly loving the bounce pillow and he and I spent about an hour and a half in there together (about an hour longer than C.C. lasted).  I really need to figure out how to get one of those in our backyard. And, since no trip to the pumpkin patch would be complete without apple cider doughnuts, we made sure to gorge on those.  The real interesting part about that is that we let C.C. eat them, despite the fact that they contain egg.  Thankfully she didn't have a reaction and we are really thinking/hoping/praying she has outgrown her egg allergy.















Also, as a side note, we also finally got around to decorating our pumpkins today.  Those pumpkin push-ins are the best invention ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment