Sunday, September 20, 2015

Footgolf

I will be the first to admit that I don't do many things right as a wife and mother.  Father's Day this year was as a good example of this.  I struggled and struggled with what to get Jeremy and then ultimately decided on a session of footgolf, it is like regular golf but you play with a soccer ball, your foot, and bigger holes of course.  When Jeremy opened the gift I could tell he was not quite sure what to think of it and so after Father's Day it sat and sat.

This week we thought of it and decided to pull it out and check on the expiration date of the certificate.  Turns out it expired that coming Saturday (yesterday).  Again, I nearly dropped the proverbial ball by letting it expire, but we decided to arrange our Saturday to make it happen before it was too late.

Saturday the stars aligned.  The weather was beautiful, the golf course was beautiful, and everyone was excited and happy to try something new.  Over the subsequent hour and a half we had a great time together as a family.

As I said, I don't get a lot right, but what started out as a somewhat questionable gift that very nearly expired unused, ended up being just the right thing after all.






1 comment:

  1. That sounds fun! I can totally see Jeremy loving that gift. :)

    ReplyDelete