Sunday, July 19, 2015

Fun Until Goodbye

This week was just what the title suggests, fun until it was time the say goodbye, first goodbye to Emily and Kai and then goodbye to Nana and Papa.  My parents just left a couple of hours ago so my heart is still really sad, but before we get to the goodbyes, lets talk about the fun.

This week the cousins continued to enjoy spending every minute they could together, whether that meant playing Disney Infinity together at home or playing at a park, they didn't really seem to care what they were doing as long as they were to together.  Over the course of the week we visited a few parks, build the Black Widow motorcycle, and went to the zoo (oh and played lots of Infinity).  The Black Widow motorcycle was a kit that we had picked up from Lowe's for each of the kids to do.  I think they enjoyed making them, but they definitely became a parent project as well.  As for the parks and the zoo, the weather was a touch on the warm side but I think everyone was having too much fun to really notice and mostly we were just happy to be together.








On Friday the first goodbye struck and Emily and Kai went home.  It was tough to see them go and I know it is hard for them being the only ones in Arizona.  Merrick in particular had a rough day on Friday and at one point came in to me crying that now he didn't have anyone to play Infinity with.  I reminded him that he had a little sister he could play with, but he didn't hesitate to let me know that she didn't count.  Jeremy has been a really good sport to step up this weekend the fill the void as Merrick's Infinity partner.

Despite the sadness of Friday, we had Saturday to spend with Nana and Papa (and my Aunt Launa and cousin Jenna who came from California to see everyone).  The West Linn Old Time Fair was this weekend and most of Saturday's activities centered around that.  In the morning there was a parade that Lauren danced in and the kids all got way more candy than they needed.  In the afternoon we went back to the fair.  Merrick got to test his karate skills by breaking a board with his hand and we rode a few rides before we met everyone for dinner at Pieology.



Again, all fun and games and then whamo, it was time to say goodbye to my parents.  My mom had been here over three months and my dad just about two weeks, but no matter how long or short the visit, sending them off half way around the world is heart-wrenching.  It is particularly hard given my dad's current health situation.  The only bright spot is that this is the last goodbye to India.  We sent them off to wrap things up and when they come back it will be for good.  Right in this moment I am focusing on that and doing my best to take comfort in it.



No comments:

Post a Comment