Sunday, September 23, 2012

Family Fun

This weekend was all about family fun in the sun! There are very few days of nice weather left before we head into the long winter months so we decided to take full advantage this weekend.

On Friday we headed downtown for an areal tram ride over the city. While it was cloudy, the clouds were high and the views were amazing. Merrick really enjoyed this. He could not wait to come home and tell his cousins all about it.



After we left the tram we still had a few minutes left on our parking meter and we decided to walk down to the river. We ended up stumbling upon a hidden gem, a dahlia field in the middle of the city. This is something you would only find in Portland and why I love this city so much.

On Saturday the outdoor family fun continued with a 5k in the morning. Jeremy and I had been training for a while. Unfortunately, for reasons I won't get into right now, I was not able to run, but I walked it and Jeremy absolutely killed it. He averaged a 9 minute mile and did the whole 5k in 27 minutes.

The rest of the day was spent soaking up the sun at the Lundberg kids' soccer games.

I don't know how many more sunny days we will have, and if I am being really honest I am actually really looking forward to the crisp fall days ahead, but in the meantime I intend to enjoy the sunshine every time I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment