Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Final Thoughts

We have been home from our trip to Portland for over a week so I guess it is time to wrap up my thoughts from the trip. Far and away the best part of the trip was spending time with family. While Merrick gets to see pictures and talk to his Nana, Papa, aunts, uncles, and cousins on the phone, it is entirely different to see them in person. Merrick was a little shy in the beginning. My favorite quote on the subject came from my niece Lauren who said "Merrick and I are like this (showing her fingers crossed). Well, actually he does not like me, but I want to be like that".

Eventually Merrick did warm up to everyone. Our last night in town Merrick finally turned the corner with Papa. All he wanted to do our last night was sit on Papa's lap and read his favorite book. I finally pried him away, way after bedtime, crying for more. First thing the next morning he was right back on Papa's lap with Toby and his book.



Just when we were all getting settled in, it was time to go home. We were all sad to leave, but hopefully we will be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment