Friday, September 10, 2010

Birthday Boy

I cannot believe that this past weekend my baby turned one. They say time flies when you are having fun. This must be true because this year went by in a blink of an eye. We had a party on Saturday to celebrate Merrick's big day and were lucky to have lots of family and friends there to help us celebrate.

Merrick on his big day



Merrick certainly is a very lucky boy and had lots of presents to open. He enjoyed opening the gifts for awhile, but became overwhelmed by all there was to see. Luckily the other children at the party were more than happy to help open and explore his new toys.






My labor of love for the party were the cakes. I spent hours baking and decorating all nine cakes.



It did not take Merrick nearly as long to devour his cake. At first he was not sure what to do, but once he got a taste he was off and running.








It was a great party, a great day, and a great year with my favorite little man in the whole world. Jeremy and I thank Heavenly Father every day for blessing our lives with Merrick. We are so grateful for every day of the last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment