Whew! We made it through the all the curriculum nights and life is now back to regularly scheduled programing.
This week Elsie had her fun run at school. I can't remember why but I wasn't able to make it last year and so apparently I "never come to the fun run". I guess I also didn't specifically tell Elsie I was coming, so when she came out to the starting line and saw me, she lit up. She is still getting over being sick and I think she was glad for the extra support and cheering as she ran.
Despite being just as busy as the rest of us, Merrick somehow made a lot of time for fishing this week. He is becoming quite the fisherman. This week he and a friend decided to give night fishing a try and went out with headlamps and in the rain to give it a go. They were hoping to catch catfish and didn't end up with any, but did catch 12 other fish. They have started fishing with chicken liver as bait and that has been pretty game changing.
After two weeks of running completely ragged and nursing Elsie back to health, I ended up going down a couple of days ago. My fever broke last night and I am hoping I am on the mend. There is never enough time for being sick.

No comments:
Post a Comment