Sometimes I feel like a broken record on here. I am constantly talking about how busy we are, and it's true, we are always super busy. That said, there are certain times of the year are are worse than the baseline busy, they are extra-fancy busy. We are half way through two of the busiest weeks of the year. This is the time of year when all to the regular busy, collides with all of the back to school events for the kids and for my work. Over a two week period, I end up being gone more evenings than I would like.
When I thought back about the week, there was lots of running around, meals in the car or just not eating, and juggling who was available for each of the many drop offs and pickups. I was telling Jeremy that with all of that, I wasn't sure what I wanted to write about this week. He reminded me about two things: 1) I wrote about all the kids fall sports last week, but I only had pictures of Elsie 2) I have never written about his new job. So, here we go...
Unsurprisingly, we had to divide and conquer for games this week so the pictures of Merrick's basketball games are courtesy of Jeremy and the pictures from C.C.'s volleyball games are from yours truly. Elsie, was well represented last week and we have no new pictures to share this week because she was, unfortunately, home with a fever.
I think I have made reference to Jeremy's new job, but did not share too many details, so here is the full rundown. Jeremy started mid August at a new personal injury firm called Bridge City. He is getting to work again with former Advocates BFF, Jamison. Jamison left the Advocates at the start of the year to go over to Bridge City. When they determined they needed another attorney at Bridge City, Jamo was quick to reach out to Jeremy and the rest is history. Ultimately, this job presents opportunities for growth, both professionally and financially that the Advocates did not. From my perspective, the change has been a good one and Jeremy is happy with the change and really likes working with his new co-workers.
Wish me luck to make it through the next week and then we will back to our regularly scheduled busy lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment