Sunday, August 25, 2024

Goodbye Summer 2024

 After a long update last week, this week will be short and sweet.  Following our trip to Idaho, I started back to work.  I am so lucky to have had 8 weeks mostly off this summer, but going back to work before the kids went back to school has been tough.  The kids are trying to soak up  the last few days off summer and I have had to balance running them back and forth to things, attending their back to school events, attending work back to school events, and getting things settled at work before school starts.  I'm not sure how family's where both parents work all summer do it.

My first day back to work, I had an event I needed to attend first thing in the morning and an event I needed to attend that evening.  I ended up working 12 hours that day.  At least I felt like that balanced things out when I had to leave work to run kids here and there for the next several days.  I don't know that I've ever shared a picture of myself from a recruiting event, so I guess I will today.

My kids have been on their own quite a bit while Jeremy and I worked over the last few days.  They have been good at keeping themselves busy.  Merrick has been in charge of watching the girls and they have done lots of playing outside, walking to the park, playing barbies and Legos, roller skating around the house, and crafting.  Carrigan has a giant hand-knitting project that she has been working on this summer and she was able finally wrap that up.

Speaking of wrapping things up, we are now just about wrapped up with the summer.  Tomorrow is the official last day of summer and it's back to school on Tuesday.  It's going to a a big year with Merrick starting high school and C.C. starting middle school.  I have a feeling that it's going to be a great year!


No comments:

Post a Comment